Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Survival Kit or Suitcase?

Obviously, we won’t be checking luggage on our trip. Besides that fact that I don’t check luggage even when travelling in the US, we’re just not going to need much.  I can take my bikinis, board shorts and flip flops in my smallest bag and still have room for all sorts of useless things. 
Or so I thought. 
Apparently, the Costa Rican packing list varies from every other vacation packing list as it includes things such as flashlights, extra batteries, first aid kits, and duct tape – really.  (My husband appears to be channeling an unholy combination of Bear Grylls, Kelly Slater and MacGyver.)  Add blue tarps and bottled water and we might as well just haul over our hurricane survival kit. 
However, to continue the MacGyver homage, there is the an advantage to a half full suitcase beyond preparedness:  "The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way" (series pilot). 
Now that's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment